An exciting opportunity to live and work in the red-center as an ASPCC Event Executive. Salary: $62,500-$72,500, based on experience - Australian citizen or hold a valid working visa.
The Alice Springs Convention Centre forms part of the Lasseters Casino and IHG Crowne Plaza Lasseters.
Lasseters is the centre of Entertainment in Alice Springs, offering guests deluxe-style accommodation rooms at a 4½ star (AAA Tourism rated), allowing visitors to experience modern facilities in a desert setting. All rooms and suites are non-smoking and have their private balcony or courtyard with views of the MacDonnell Ranges, the Alice Springs Golf Course or the famous dry Todd River.
Lasseters has multiple F&B outlets, a casino, a hotel, a fully equipped gym, and a day spa, and it adjoins the Alice Springs Convention Centre.
The Alice Springs Convention Centre, with an abundance of natural light and spectacular views of the MacDonnell Ranges, is a modern and fresh alternative for conferences and incentives.
The Centre boasts state-of-the-art facilities and professional friendly service and allows delegates to experience the essence of the outback. The Alice Springs Convention Centre offers a unique destination, the true outback.
Purpose of Position
The Event Executive possesses exceptional organisational and administrative skills to ensure event details are clearly communicated to all parties in a professional and timely manner, co-ordinate events, organise and conduct familiarisations and client appointments, meet and greet event organisers and liaise with all necessary parties to ensure Alice Springs continues to be presented as an attractive conference destination.
Responsible to: ASPCC Manager and Senior Event Executive
· Regular liaison with the Convention Centre Manager and Event Manager to ensure consistency in information and follow through with function / conference requirements.
· To co-ordinate event details to include but not limited to: menus, beverages, room layouts, audio visual equipment, running sheets, themes, décor, entertainment, trade exhibitions, accommodation, billing details, floor plans, delivery of store requisitions as required, final catering numbers, etc.
· To ensure that function details are clearly communicated to all parties (as outlined in the Department’s Manual) in a professional and timely manner.
· Event Orders must be prepared with a considerable time frame so respective Department Managers may have the time to prepare the needs as required.
· Arrange quotations for potential business and proactively trace all enquiries, tentative bookings and leads.
· Book repeat business.
· Effectively manage time and prioritise workloads.
· Organise and conduct Convention Centre familiarisations and client appointments.
· Meet and greet event organisers on arrival.
· Attend regular sales meetings, ensuring all traces and leads are followed up by this time.
· Oversee the set-up of functions when required.
· Hand over each event and introduce organisers to Operational Management.
· Assist Event Manager and fellow Event Executives with the organisation and quoting of functions.
· Ensure that prospective clients are well aware of payment details.
· Liaise daily with the Sales Manager and co-workers.
· Ensure working hours are flexible to cater for the needs of functions/conferences. This must be done in consultation with the Convention Centre Manager.
· Prepare reports for Convention Centre Manager as requested.
Knowledge and Experience
· Event management experience preferable/desirable.
· Experience with a property management system (PMS) e.g. Opera, Protel
· Event management NOT event background e.g. booking a booths at trade shows.
· Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
· Strong networking attributes.
· Exceptional time management skills as well as the ability to prioritise tasks.
· Able to use initiative and a can-do attitude.
· Demonstrated experience at an autonomous level.
· Problem solving attributes.
· Ability to think laterally and creatively.
· An affinity and passion for marketing and/or gaming and hospitality.
· Ideally a relevant tertiary qualification in Event Management, Hospitality or equivalent experience.
· Travel on official business may be required. An NT Driver Licence, Motor Vehicle is required.
· Some flexibility with hours of work (occasional evening/weekend work required.