Legal Working Status - Working Holiday Visa Applicants Encouraged to Apply
This is a permanent full-time position with a starting at $80,000 - $90,000 gross per annum, excluding superannuation.
Lasseters is the centre of entertainment in Alice Springs, offering guests an integrated resort with deluxe-style accommodation rooms, multiple food and beverage outlets, a casino, Health Club / Day Spa and an adjacent Convention Centre. Having recently completed a significant redevelopment programme, Lasseters has an enhanced focus on the tourism and hospitality market by providing an exceptional experience to its patrons and guests.
Defence Force experience is desirable.
Lasseters Operations are seeking an experienced Security Shift Manager to lead our Security Officers in the execution of their duties and ensure safety and outstanding customer service throughout our venue.
YOU have these skills:
- Positive communication – verbal and non-verbal
- To look and listen to understand
- Eagerness to learn
- Work ethic
- Social & team contributor
- Cultural awareness
WHAT - Experience and competency I have
- 3-5 years experience within Security Industry
- Legally entitled to work in Australia, hold a valid visa with permission to work
How I do what I do - Security Shift Manager accountable and responsible for:
- providing supervision and direction to Security Officers,
- ensuring the integrity of the premises and buildings during a shift,
- maintaining the safety of patrons and guests,
- coordinating duties and liaising with Surveillance and other operational departments.
I can demonstrate:
- Supervisory experience working in the security industry;
- Cultural awareness;
- Refined ability to communicate and deal with people at all levels;
- Experience in making prompt, reliable decisions within the bounds of allocated responsibilities;
- Ability to work autonomously as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to maintain accurate records and reports; and
- Flexibility to work days, nights and weekends.
The successful applicant must hold an NT Dual Crowd Control and Security Licence and be able to obtain a Casino Operatives Licence, which involves criminal history checks and government probity checks. A First Aid Certificate, Responsible Service of Alcohol, and Responsible Service of Gambling is also a pre-requisite for this position.
If you believe you have the skills, experience and qualifications to perform in the role successfully, we would like to hear from you.
We offer you:
- Gym membership to support and enhance your work and personal life balance
- Discounted staff accommodation settling in period
- Staff benefits, health club, 25% discount on food and beverages across Lasseters Operations
- Meals provided while you are on eligible shifts
- Uniforms are provided and laundered
- Professional development, training, and career advancement
- Staff & Family social events
Enjoyment, Entertainment, Relaxation - Let’s have a great time – Be part of a dynamic, progressive, confident team in Central Australia.