Job Design – Surveillance Operator
Legally entitled to work in Australia, hold a valid visa with permission to work.
Lasseters do not sponsor people before working alongside them for a minimum of 6 months.
Lasseters is the centre of entertainment in Alice Springs, offering guests an integrated resort with deluxe-style accommodation rooms, multiple food and beverage outlets, a casino, Health Club / Day Spa and an adjacent Convention Centre. Having recently completed a significant redevelopment programme, Lasseters has an enhanced focus on the tourism and hospitality market by providing an exceptional experience to its patrons and guests.
Lasseters Operations seek a Surveillance Operator to join our team; to ensure integrity and safety throughout our venue.
YOU have these skills:
- Attention to detail
- Inquisitive mind
- Positive communication – verbal and non-verbal
- To look and listen to understand
- Eagerness to learn
- Work ethic
- Social & team contributor
- Cultural awareness
WHAT - Experience and competency I have
- I have experience working in Surveillance/Casino/ICT Computer gaming or industries;
- Legally entitled to work in Australia, hold a valid visa with permission to work
- The ability to obtain a Casino Operatives License involves criminal history checks and government probity checks.
- Responsible Service of Gambling certification
How I do what I do
- Based in a control room I will apply basic surveillance of customers, staff, cash control and gaming operations,
- Monitor, observe and report on the casino operations through visual or remote observation, including electronic surveillance and recording
- Input information and respond to signals related to electronic surveillance
- Operate keyboard instruments within an integrated surveillance system
- Coordinate, monitor and record Security Officers using radio frequency.
- ensuring the integrity of the premises and buildings during a shift,
- maintaining the safety of patrons and guests,
- liaising with security officers and other operational departments
- Ability to communicate and deal with people at all levels;
- Ability to work autonomously as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to maintain accurate records and reports;
- I am flexible with my work days, nights and weekends.
We offer you:
- Training for the position to understand the casino operation and regulatory obligations required
- Gym membership to support and enhance your work and personal life balance
- Potential discounted staff accommodation settling in period
- Staff benefits, health club, 25% discount on food and beverages across Lasseters Operations
- Meals provided while you are on eligible shifts
- Uniforms are provided and laundered
- Professional development, training, and career advancement
- Staff & Family social events
Enjoyment, Entertainment, Relaxation - Let’s have a great time – Be part of a dynamic, progressive, confident team in Central Australia.